Join our team
We are recruiting enthusiastic people to join our support network!
To apply, please click the link below to complete and submit an Application Form.
For more information, please contact our friendly team on 01422 359888.
Support Worker Job Description
Full or part time hours which may include evenings, weekends, waking night duties or sleepovers. May include public bank holidays. Individual hours to be negotiated with the prospective employee.
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE
Community Support Services provide an innovative and forward-thinking service for people with disabilities throughout Calderdale. Our services are provided to people in a variety of settings such as education, leisure, the individual’s own home and day services.
PURPOSE OF POST
To provide outstanding support and care that is practical to the individual's who use our services. We are passionate that the people who use our services, receive the care and support that they want. We encourage individuals to drive their own support packages forward, reach their maximum potential, experience new and exciting opportunities and live a full and valued life.
Company Directors, Registered Manager, Service Manager and Line Manager.
1. To provide individualised services, following the persons detailed support plan.
2. To ensure the individual is always at the centre of support delivery and continuously involved in decision making around all aspects of their life.
3. To ensure all aspects of the person’s life is considered whilst providing support i.e. cultural, spiritual and emotional.
4. To empower the individual with decision making in respect of leisure and educational choices.
5. To provide support in a respectful, courteous and person centred way, upholding the dignity of the individual at all times.
6. To ensure you work within all legal and contractual frameworks, ensuring you uphold Community Support Services’ core values – PERSON (Passionate, Effective, Responsive, Safe, Open and Needs-Led).
7. To continually refresh your knowledge and refer to the CQC 5 Key Lines of Enquiry (Safe, Caring, Responsive, Effective and Well-Led) throughout your employment.
8. To be pro-active and inform line managers of any suggested changes to the individuals support plan, risk assessments or any other documentation relating to the individual.
9. To ensure you practice effective communication with colleagues and management, verbally, written and any other required format.
10. To follow and adhere to all company policies and procedures.
11. To ensure you adhere to all Health and Safety guidelines, whilst representing Community Support Services.
12. To participate in a variety of training i.e. face to face or virtual.
Due to the nature of this role, not all duties and activities can be described in detail within this job description, you will be expected to demonstrate appropriate flexibility throughout your employment.
The post is subject to the government regulations regarding mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations for Social Care and therefore successful applicants will be asked to provide satisfactory evidence that they have been vaccinated with the complete course of an authorised vaccine, or satisfactory evidence of formal exemption. An Enhanced DBS check will also be undertaken for this post.
Revised January 2022
What Our Staff Say...
When I started training with C.S.S I was very apprehensive as to whether this would be something I was going to Exell at, was it going to be a good experience? Was it something I was prepared for? Was it a company I could feel comfortable and happy working for? In short yes, and here is why.
When you start with C.S.S you will be introduced to a fantastic training scheme and be trained by even better people. You will be given information that will prove invaluable in the coming weeks, months and years you are with us. I found the training most enjoyable and by the end of it I was ready to start with confidence.
I have never worked for a company where I felt that if I had a complaint or concern that it would actually be taken seriously but here, I feel that my thoughts and feelings count. I've gone to other staff members and managers alike and asked for help with various situations and always come away feeling better informed and supported.
C.S.S is a fantastic opportunity for anyone, I have no prior experience in this field or anything similar and the only regret is I did not apply earlier in my life.